Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A fancy girl always begins with a good foundation.........

So I don’t claim to be a fashion expert, but I am a self-professed Fancy-pert, so I'll try to share my tips on how to stay on top of your fancy game..

This first installment focuses on the mindset of a FANCY GIRL.…Upcoming installments will move onto other aspects of being fancy-abulous!

Rule 1: Invest in key pieces IN YOUR SIZE. Key words: IN YOUR SIZE. Don’t buy something now in your “aspiration size”. I’ve been there: “Oh, if I get this in two sizes too small it will motivate me to fit into it one day.” You always need a fancy girlfriend to be honest with you: that day will NEVER come. Let’s focus on looking fancy TODAY.Moving onto the next rule..

Rule 2: Know your wardrobe and yourself. Before you buy something new, picture 3 outfits (that include pieces you already own) before that purchase. If you can’t, as fancy as that shoe is, leave it in the store. It will just end up on ebay in a few weeks for less than what you paid for it.

Rule 3: Know your body. Some things are just not meant to be. In the interest of being kind, I’ll move onto the next rule…

Rule 4: Be comfortable. The world does not need another Kim Kardashian or VicBec (how do they walk around all day in 4” heels??!!). You can just as easily be fancy in some jeweled flats, as you are in a pair of YSL Trib Toos. I am #TeamFancyHeel all day, every day. But taking care of your soles is good for your soul.

Rule 5: BE YOURSELF. This is an extension of number 4. A fancy girl comes in all shapes, walks and forms. Be yourself and that is fancy enough. There’s a little bit of fancy in all of us. It is so disheartening to see pseudo- fashionable women who are mirror images of celebrities who have stylists. I look at them to see what they are wearing…sometimes I even recreate a certain look. But be yourself and your fancy will shine through!!

~signing off from the Fancy House!

No comments:

Post a Comment